Must Have for Every Beader!
I use these needles for all my beading. I use them for bead embroidery, loom work, stringing everything, especially seed beads.I have rarely had a bead break, only when I am forcing too hard. Usually, in that case, the needle itself will break, but only when I am being too hard on it. I use all of the sizes for one thing or another and threading the needle could not be easier. They always have a sharp tip unlike others I have tried.
Easy to use, received in record time even at Christmas shopping/shipping time.
These are very helpful for beading tediuous stuff and to hold the long needles in your hand is comfortable.
i use these needles for everything! like the shorter ones for threading other needles, and the longer for bead stringing.
- forget all those lame tips "how to thread a small eye needle;" i haven't found a needle eye that one of these won't thread and in a flash. just open the huge eye with your finger nail, slip in the stringing medium, slip needle in eye of needle you want to thread and you are set. i haven't threaded a "regular" needle any other way since in found these.
- also love these for stringing beads using a non-elastic material. these needles are fairly rigid and fit through most holes.
- also great for gifts - you will get oohs & aahs from friends, particularly the less-sighted older ones. 'package' on a piece of dark (so needle shows up) ribbon/material and the recipient will always be able to find needles, if they put back.
- after many uses the eye does tend to stay open & you may have to run them through something to 'straighten' and 'pull eye opening back together.'
- when stringing with elastic through a tight hole these tend to cut the elastic as the sides of the eye are fairly rigid; i use BeadSmith Beading Needles on elastic.
- they are really easy to lose - see my gift tip!
- the description says, "be careful as the ends are sharp" and they are VERY SHARP!
2 people found this review helpful